Liquid Feed Supplements for Pasture Cattle
QLF offers a full line of molasses-based protein supplements for beef cows and stocker cattle. Customers realize the ultimate convenience and time- and labor-savings when QLF products are fed free-choice in lick wheel feeders. Management goals of other operations are best met with direct forage treatment or inclusion of QLF liquid feed supplements in bunk mixes.
- Several small meals over the course of the day
- Opportunity for less dominant animals to come to the feed unchallenged
- Virtually no waste
- Intake can change as conditions dictate
- Diverse animals in a herd can match intake to individual needs.
Liquid Feed for Treating Forages
Applying QLF directly to forages can enhance the utilization of harvested roughages.
- Treating Large Round Bales
Dispersing liquid feed supplements throughout a big bale will significantly enhance the nutritional value AND palatability of hay, straw, or stalks. Simply pour on, or probe into, the face of the bale. Application rate is typically 7-10%, by weight.
- At the bale processor
Mounting a tank and pump directly on the processor allows addition of QLF to the hay as it is fed. Additional benefits include dust reduction, and ability to deliver forage and supplement in a single trip.
QLF Liquids in Bunk Mixes
QLF liquids in mixed diets offer nutrition . . . and more.
- Diet Uniformity. When liquid feed supplements are included in a total mixed ration, ingredients with varied particle size and density are held in place. And trace nutrients and additives contained in the QLF are distributed evenly throughout the ration.
- Reduced Animal Sorting.
- Improved Ration Characteristics. QLF liquid supplements tie up fines, reduce dustiness, and increase ration density.
- Increased Palatability.
- Convenience. QLF liquids can meet any or all supplemental needs with a single easy-to-incorporate product. Liquid feed supplements offer ease of application and storage simplicity.
- Cost Savings.